Monday, April 23, 2012

Bread For All Bakery/Cafe

Price Point:$1.95 for Desserts, & Lentil Soup $4 for a Big Bag of Naan (Which I highly recommend) Sandwiches are a little over my normal price point at $6.99 and dinners start at $9.99

*****UPDATE- Went back for dinner last night, and we had the Mixed Dinner plate for $14.99 and even though we do not eat shrimp, they were kind enough to substitute it out for their chicken kabobs, and I am so glad they did! Deliciously moist chicken, and the most tender Kifta kabob I have ever tasted, and we thoroughly enjoyed the basmati rice, which was mildly flavored, not over spiced like some restaurants are! -Over all this is our "New Favorite Place" to eat!!
 

I have to start off by saying that there is something about the Naan bread that is addicting!

Now on to the meat and potatoes....

Before this Cafe became a living breathing restaurant it housed a Tandoori oven dedicated to making the most delicious Naan bread from scratch! So I was over the moon to find out they recently expanded to include middle eastern food, served with, you guessed it Naan bread! Nobody else in Kansas City is doing this, and I have to tell you I believe they are on to something!


 I ordered the Tri-Tip Steak served Eastern style with lettuce, onions, tomatoes, and cucumber sauce for $6.99. You can also order it Western or "California" style with salsa on buttered Naan bread.


All other "gyros" do not compare! The one thing I hate about gyros is the thick pita bread, which I usually end up throwing half of it away. This sandwich gives you just enough homemade bread taste without overpowering the well seasoned meat. Very delicious, and going back tonight to try the Lamb & Chicken Kabobs

All I can say is Yumm!! I will definitely be back!


Pros: NAAN BREAD

Cons: Price, and no daily specials (Would like to see a daily special for lunch that showcased a Sandwich, & side for around $7 or less, for the thrifty people out there!)



**Note to owners: My usual max for lunch is $5, and I work with over 300 people that are at the exact price point, you might want to think about a 1/2 sandwich, & 1/2 salad combo for around $5....

Food Quality: ****/5
Price:$-$$




Bread for All Tandoori Naan Cafe on UrbanspoonBread for All Tandoori Naan Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment