Friday, September 30, 2011

El Pueblito's Food Truck




Price Point: $1.50-$5  Cheap just the way I like it!!

Made my way all the way downtown this week, and what a surprise to see a whole block full of food trucks! Now I know that Food Trucks are a pretty new concept as a whole, but even more so for the Midwest. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised.


That being said on to the Food!

On this particular day there where a couple of Mexican trucks down there and I chose the one with no line... El Pueblito, which also happens to be an established restaurant down on the Boulevard as well as being a food truck. I personally have never been to their restaurant so I do not have anything to compare them with, but here goes...



 I had the Enchilada Platter for $5, I got 2 chicken enchiladas, with rice and beans.
Lets start with the rice, now I have never been a fan of rice with vegetables added, in this case it was peas and carrots, but this was pretty decent. Moving on to the beans, I have to say they were very well seasoned, not too runny or thick-just right and very tasty. Lastly for the enchiladas, now when the gentleman handed me my to-go container he opened it ever so carefully to warn me that the enchilada sauce was runny, and I have to say that I was a little nervous before digging in... now you can tell that the enchilada's are not baked, which I usually prefer, but this time I was pleasantly surprised! The lettuce and sour cream I can say are not necessary as the enchiladas stand on their own two feet alone! The sauce that the chicken was cooked in was one of the best sauces I have ever tasted! And for that fact alone I will definately be back for their enchiladas!




Over all I will be back!

Pros: Chicken Enchiladas

Cons: Rice

Food Quality: ***/5
Price:$

El Pueblito on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment